CONSTRUCTION FIRST WEEK
- First Street and Main St & First Intersections closed to traffic and demolition began
- Street paving & concrete removed
- Sidewalk concrete sawcuts- prepping for upcoming removal
- Last four of the defunct telephone poles removed
- Initial surveyor stakes installed as part of site survey to determine how much dirt/soil./gravel etc must be removed.
- Underground utilities marked (this is done each time the surface changes as a safety precaution)
- Continued concrete removal (sidewalks, curbs & gutters)
SCHEDULED FOR NEXT WEEK
- Finish site surveying for dirt removal. (these are the wooden stakes with colored markings that are seen all along the street)
- Remove seven of the nine trees approved for removal will be taken down.
- Continue concrete removal (sidewalks, curbs & gutters)
- Removing light fixtures, bike racks, benches & trash cans etc to be stored during project for replacement afterwards.
- Begin excavation of the roadbed- this will take several weeks
ROAD CLOSURE UPDATE
- First & Main intersection closed Mon, 18 July
- First Street closed Monday, 18 July
- The section of Main Street between Foothill Expressway and Main Street will close tomorrow morning, July 22. This is three weeks earlier than scheduled due to the severe public safety hazard the gas station is experiencing with cut-through traffic. The First Street driveway to the gas station will remain open throughout the entire project. Signs directing gas station customers will be placed on Foothill.
UNEXPECTED FINDS & SURPRISES
- Found concrete buried under the asphalt in the intersection of First & Main (about 30 feet square and 6 inches thick). This will have to be removed as soon as possible.
- Found the old concrete surrounding the street light electrical lines were twice the size of what’s used now. This stopped work temporarily on Wednesday afternoon until it was determined it was safe to take out. It has already been removed.
- Signs directing pedestrians to businesses will go up next week on First Street.
- Annie’s “Get Around Guide” for drivers and walkers is in production
- Annie Construction Timeline “What’s Happening When” is also in production
- Photo Log has begun