Completed October 17-21
Other Downtown News
- Continued work on new traffic controller next to Foothill Expressway.
- Completed water line installation, added the sub-base within and completed the wooden concrete forms for the new First Street fountain.
- Completed construction of new 6” lateral sanitary sewer line on First Street (near State St)
- Continued work on the monolith on the south-west corner of the First & Main intersection
- Completed 70% of the grading for the First Street roadbed
- Created the wooden forms for the new mid-block crosswalk on First Street
- Completed the curb & gutter form on the west side of First Street
- Began hand excavating the gas lines at the entrance of Central Plaza in preparation for connecting the new First Street gas line
- Began prepping the curb and sidewalk on State St at First St for removal
- Completed 60% of the new irrigation lines on First Street
Scheduled for New Week
- The 48th Annual Halloween Window Painting Contest for local students is underway downtown. Wonderful creativity is on display!
- 70% of concrete and granite cleaning and sealing has been completed in the downtown triangle and will continue next week. No streets will be closed. There will be areas on the sidewalks and benches temporary roped off for the work.
- Plans for the new Safeway store on First Street was approved by the Planning Commission’s Architecture & Site Review Committee on Oct 19
- Pour concrete for new fountain
- Demolish the State St curb & gutter adjacent to the project
- Pour the curb and gutter concrete on the west side of First Street
- Finish grading the base rock for the new First Street roadbed
- Pour the concrete for the new mid-block crosswalk on First Street
- Continue work on new traffic signal control box
- Continue work on signal lights and signal controller box
- Continue landscaping area preparation
- Continue digging new drainage sections on First Street near State Street