Completed September 18-25
- Complete final grading of the First & Main intersection in preparation for new asphalt
- Continued backfill over new base rock and compacted new soil on First Street
- Completed all curb and gutter frames & concrete in the First & Main intersection
- Completed all concrete sections of the First & Main crosswalks
- Completed raised dome inserts for ADA ramps to new crosswalks in the First & Main intersection
- Completed the second new driveway for the Chevron station
- Completed removal of sidewalks leading to Foothill Expressway
- Installed anchor bolts for the new signal light bases
- Began construction of new traffic controller next to Foothill Expressway
- Removed & replaces manholes from roadway adjacent to Foothill Expressway
- Created the two new driveways for the Central Parking Plaza
- Installed base layer “2.5 inch lift” of asphalt for First & Main intersection & first 60’ of First St
- (Friday evening) will install the traffic loops (sensors) for the intersection signal lights
Fun Construction Facts
- First & Main intersection through to Foothill Expressway opens Monday, September 26!
Scheduled for September 24-30
- The asphalt is trucked fresh and hot (500°F) from the plant in San Jose for paving. The material is still between 350-400°F when it arrives onsite!
Downtown Traffic Events
- Install top layer “2.5 inch lift” of asphalt for First & Main intersection & first 60’ of First St
- Continue pouring concrete for new curbs along west side of First Street
- Continue grading on First Street roadbed
- Complete final demolition of paving in transition area with Foothill Expressway
- Begin work on new gas line connection to PGE service in the Central Plaza
- Friday, September 23– Los Altos High School Homecoming Parade!
- Saturday, September 24– the 64th Annual Los Altos Kiwanis Pet Parade!